Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
That's the part I haven't yet settled on for the day I do mine.

I have the alternator (but I have a good stator too) and it has a small 1/2" V -pulley. The 3 groove pulleys were I guess the year after miy alternator is for? I do have a 4" 1/2" wide V -pulley that's steel and welded to a hub with a 5/8" bore from TSC that would need to be bushed to fit the new longer crank bolt if I use it.

Anyway .... once I settle on a pulley .... I may take a fit and just do it? No rush .... but watching closely!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
For my conversion I used a pulley from a power steering pump out of a 93 Toyota Camry. Had to buy the whole pump from the salvage yard just to get the pulley. The pulley measures about 4 and 1/4 inches in diameter, and it would allow you to use a serpentine belt with the alternator.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
On my conversion I used the power steering pump pulley from a 89 Honda Prelude. If you know a good machinist then you can have them cut you one using this drawing
Text Diagram Font Line Parallel
drawing by Joe Wiggins.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Has anybody tried Grainger?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i just finished mine, and hope to have pics up soon. i now have 5000 miles on new conversion. i built my pully by taking a idler pulley, removing bearing welding in a center and mounting it... unfortunately wasn't perfect so i now have a bit of vibration @ 3300 rpm.. just a little. love the conversion! getting ready to forge and machine an aluminum one, may consider making more.. don't think it will cost me too much.
Barry

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Over on NW site fellow mounted his alternator. in the center of the bike in front of the airbox. He used a pulley from TS or HF no machineing fits tighter to engine than the ones used in
poorboy. seemed really simple. Just bolted the pulley to front of crank and used a keyay cut in bot to stop it from backing out.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Over on NW site fellow mounted his alternator. in the center of the bike in front of the airbox. He used a pulley from TS or HF no machineing fits tighter to engine than the ones used in
poorboy. seemed really simple. Just bolted the pulley to front of crank and used a keyay cut in bot to stop it from backing out.
Wilf
links?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.