Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Given that Honda has always said the Wing wasn't designed to pull a trailer, that's a very good question... Additionally, what does it do to the warranty if you do??? I think we know the answer to that question!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Deleted

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
After watching a YouTube on cvt transmission,my thought pulling a trailer would be a death sentence to the tranny,the cvt is similar to a snowmobile and combine transmission..
The new Goldwing uses a DCT "Dual Clutch Transmission" not a CVT "Continuous Variable Transmission".

Totally different animals.:grin3:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yep your right Ken,I was miss reading the post,after watching how it works I doubt it’s any harder on the workings as what we have now,
The auto shift in our semis is actually the same 10 speed but shifted via electronic selonoids.similar to the dct,but it shifts via oil pressure on the clutch but it’s still a geared transmission with 2 clutches

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harley told me if I install a hitch they'll void my warranty. The bike's out of warranty now but I figure they'd use that to screw me on a trade-in if I install one now.

·
Administrator
21,862 Posts
Harley told me if I install a hitch they'll void my warranty. The bike's out of warranty now but I figure they'd use that to screw me on a trade-in if I install one now.
I've never heard of Honda voiding a warranty for a hitch, but, if you had a failure they could relate to towing a trailer or even the hitch installation...

In the manufacturer's defense, they don't design bikes to tow trailers and have no way to know what stresses different trailers might put on the bike's structure because the different hitches are mounted so differently.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
The local dealer sold has sold 2 2018 Gold Wings so far. Both to be triked. Wonder if they are going to be able to modify the steering head angle on the new 1800 like the old 1800 for better handling on the trikes. With the D.C.T. transmission looks like you would be able to use the driver floorboards without worrying about the transmission..No clutch lever.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

·
Administrator
24,391 Posts
Just noticed this thread is in a forum hardly anyone ever visits and not appropriate anyway so I'm moving it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts