Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone, my turn to ask for some help. My front wheel has a dent on the rim (pothole did it) and I want to leave it into a wheel shop where the guys reckon they can fix it. My question is , do I have to take off both brake callipers or can I get away with taking off just one? Thanks in advance.:waving:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

yes.

just loosen the 2 bolts on each caliper, pull them off. tie them up or let hang.

set the pads in a safe place to keep from damaging them

loosen axle shaft Nuts, tap on axle with a rubber mallot and pull it through. wheel will drop easily.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Ambrose, you can do it by just removing the right side caliper. The wheel will roll out then, just be carful not to bang the rim off the left caliper as the rims are easily marked. I've done this myself with no hassle.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys. Pulled the right side calliper and the wheel dropped out cleanly. I left it into the repair shop and they reckon Tuesday and only €50. Much cheaper than €600 for a new one off Honda.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey 03Silver :leprechaun: Watch out for those god damn pot holes. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Grouchomax wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
Hey 03Silver :leprechaun: Watch out for those god damn pot holes.

That's not so easy in some parts of the country Redwing.
Yeah i know it's not, :gunner:and the loose chippings that have fallenof the trucks are worse. :gunner2:

:2finger::18red::2finger:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.