Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

If you have a lot of chrome on the back of the saddle bags  .. as you remove it... make sketches ,and diagrams... I use lots of Ziploc bags , and label as I go along.../forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif most AfterMarket stuff is fastened in its own pecuilar way.. and if often in Imperial  sockets ,not metric... Make sure you know the torques for the brake ,and shock bolts ,and use them properly....left shock bolt  is quite a bit higher than the right ./forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif and the main axel bolt will have a BIG torque... 65 lbs maybe../forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif so you need to have a lot of extensions  to torque this big bolt... and finally ... I found the best accessory is a pile of blocks(4x4's, 6x6, long 2x4's  for levers..), and boards to jack the wheel , and swing arm up and down/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif  so you can get at the main axel bolt... and a 2x2 soft wood stick about 1 foot long/forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif... and a hammer .. to safetly drift the axel bolt  out (and in)... and of course  a bike jack is a real useful accessory ..  oh... and the left side spacer will almost always "fall" out... /forums/images/emoticons/mad.gifand I am  never sure which way it goes back in..  ... big grin ../forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif..... and I would stay with OEM tire sizes ,  in most cases .. unless your Tire guy is an expert and has experience with  going  to larger sizes on your exact type of bike.. I once added a size larger to my silverWing.. and until the raised lettering wore down .... the rear wheel  dragged ,and scraped on the letters,and the swing arm inside... UGH/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif !!!.. SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.