Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been buying up parts on eBay as spares when I can something really cheap. Today I got a pulse generator..never seen one apart before.

My question: it looks like the whole assembly, the part in the center with the cam on it spins..not just the cam. Mounts on the shaft, locks in place some how and as the shaft spins the cam shifts a bit until it's lock into running position by the two tabs on the spring loaded arms. Do I have this right

and if so..what keeps the assembly from moving into and grinding into the inside of the housing, into what looks like a bakolite inset in the 'back " of the housing. IE, how is the cam assembly held up tight against the shaft away from the housing. I don't see a place for a clip or pin is there one on the shaft??

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

what keeps the assembly from moving into and grinding into the inside of the housing, into what looks like a bakolite inset in the 'back " of the housing. IE, how is the cam assembly held up tight against the shaft away from the housing. I don't see a place for a clip or pin is there one on the shaft??
When it's installed the shaft is limited how much it can move inward by the pin it engages inside the engine.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Dan, it seems like it had to be but I just don't see how the assembly is held in place away from the back of the housing. I guess I'd have to see one installed on the shaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.