Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

By ICU, I presume you mean igniter control. that's 30400-MG9-741 0n Ign coil page - #1

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

What does a pulse generator do?

Is it the 2 items that fit either side of thae crank,mounted to the engine block?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

The pulse generators are a part of your electronic ignition,

On the older ignitions we knew them as "pick ups" that replaced the points. They sense magnetic feilds as your rotor turns and basically tell your ignition when to fire.

Some Wings, I believe prior to '85 used these on the rear of the engine, and the one I'm messing with has them hid under the timing belt cover...

Take Care, Terry

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

You're lucky it's not a 84. Those are on the back of engine. Big job!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

We tinker with old bikes quite often,

A freind of ours has a '81 Interstate. The rear gasket was leaking terribly so the youngest son and I popped out the old engine, glued her up and now the guy smiles a lot,:goofygrin: and his wife is tickled that the driveway stays clean!:kissing:

It was quite the chore, but not near as bad as I had expected, and there's something to be said about curing issues on a vintage bike that no one wanted to work on.

You folks take care!

Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.