Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Exactly that. What is it's function? It is hooked up to the flashers adn takes a feed from the speedometer I know.I've read it works with the self canceling function but how? Does it read a certain speed and trip the signal switch or something. I have no idea if this works on my bike as I've not ridden it yet.The wiring under this cover has issues so I'm trying to figure out what it does, so if it doesn't work I can fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

on a '78 there is no self canceling mechnism... however... honda built in a way to go from a clicking noise to a beeper at around 40 mph... it was a way to remind you to turn the darn thing off after the turn. When leaving the freeway I find the sound change helpful in letting my ears know that I have slowed down below 40 mph... hope this helps

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes thanks. I think the buzzer is disable but I can't tell for sure. Will find out when I get the harness further apart or when I ride it.

Is there any way to get a schematic for a 78 GL1000? I have wiring diagrams but there are too many lines for my tired old eyes to follow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.