Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And after a short shake-down cruise, I think I'm gonna like them. Bars are closer together, lower and pointed a little more back towards me, helping the angle of my wrists, forearms and shoulders. Will have to take a longer trip to see how much they help. `My main complaint before was stiff elbows after several hours riding. This should help. I got them used from another forum member, think they were the Kuyraken brand.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
What brand is yours?
that sounds very much like what is on my bike. The PO could not remember the brand of what I have, he said he bought 4 different kinds before he found one that works for him... and apparently me also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them used, but they look like the Kuryaken brand. So far so good.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
Glad you found a set you like - for me it was the MBL Wide version, that maintains a straight wrist positioning.

Reactions: copper wing

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
Google makes Comfort Risers!?

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
All too often, my friend. All too often. :LOL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
And after a short shake-down cruise, I think I'm gonna like them. Bars are closer together, lower and pointed a little more back towards me, helping the angle of my wrists, forearms and shoulders. Will have to take a longer trip to see how much they help. `My main complaint before was stiff elbows after several hours riding. This should help. I got them used from another forum member, think they were the Kuyraken brand.
When I first got my 2005 GL 1800 three years ago I too noticed that the bars seemed too wide, too far forward and too low. Installed the risers and the riding position was much improved. Forgot the brand but they were non-adjustable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well....went out for a 5 hour ride today, and the new position is an improvement. It is a fixed adjustment, so I can't modify them further with these. When I relaxed and got used to the change, I think it was a good move. No elbow soreness after the ride, which is what bothered me with the stock setup. So I'm glad I made the change.

·
1,716 Posts
IF your bars are lower now , you have the risers mounted the wrong way ( the purpose of risers is to RISE the bars ;)

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you mount the risers the other way, you have to drive on the other side of the road like they do in the U.K.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
Well, I do live in Zambia (should be back there next month), so I'm used to that....LOL
do you have to travel back/forth to Zambia each year, or do you mostly reside in Ohio now?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do you have to travel back/forth to Zambia each year, or do you mostly reside in Ohio now?
We lived in Zambia for 3 years and plan to go back for 1 more year. We came back for a 6 month furlough last year but got caught in the covid travel ban so have been stuck here for 11 months now. We hope to head back there next month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts