Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As you can see, I'm installing a Denray hitch on my poor ST1300......(and I swear she's insulted!).....

Putting a trailer hitch on an ST1300 is kind of like putting a panty girdle on Angelina Jolie! (Do they still market those damn things? Panty girdles caused me untold grief in high school!)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

ox·y·mo·ron  noun, plural ox·y·mo·ra  , ox·y·mor·ons. Rhetoric .
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Example#3 "I'm installing a Denray hitch on my poor ST1300". Just kidding. LOOKIN GOOD! :applause:

·
Premium Member
62,930 Posts
imported post

Sad Day :sadguy:like hooking a U haul to a Ferrari

By the way if those Girdles had zippers things would have been a lot easier........

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

You know your bike Mel but I gotta say,......

I see her telling a whole different story........

Not insulted at all, Happy she can take on more responsibility during your trips together......

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Mel, from the look of that rear tire you've been doing to many highway miles and not enough twisty's. :cheesygrin: just say'n :thumbsup:

Henry

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

What are you going to do with a hitch on your bike?:cool:

Dubs

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hanko wrote:
Mel,  from the look of that rear tire you've been doing to many highway miles and not enough twisty's.  :cheesygrin:    just say'n  :thumbsup:

Henry
You know what that tire's got behind it? Highway 101, Highway 1, Tioga Pass, Yosemite, Highway 49, and Highway 97 for about 4500 miles.....plenty of twisties.....matter of fact, the sides are wearing faster than the center this year!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
What are you going to do with a hitch on your bike?:cool:

Dubs

Oh, I don't know....maybe do what the cowboy kids do around here....dangle some rubber bull testicles from it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

The trailer disappeared from our lot here in Knoxville Monday evening. Either someone with a forklift stole it or Fed Ex. picked it up after I left. I'm guessing that It got out of Knoxville sometime Tuesday heading West and North. At least that is my hope! We haven't gotten the paperwork back From Fed Ex. yet so I don't have a tracking number; hopefully I will have one today. The pallet we strapped it to was quite substantial Mel, so you might just have enough lumber to build a garage for it!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I don't see the problem with putting a panty girdle on Angelina Jolie, as long as I get to help.

CJ
I thought you were going to go with an 1800 ?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
I don't see the problem with putting a panty girdle on Angelina Jolie, as long as I get to help.

CJ
I thought you were going to go with an 1800 ?
A hitch for the ST was about $22,500 cheaper....and we're a little low this month!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Looking good Mel, hope it all works out for you two. Ride safe.

Ritchie

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

CJ wrote
"(Do they still market those damn things? Panty girdles caused me untold grief in high school!)"

I guessin you could never get one to fit quite right??:?:?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
CJ wrote
"(Do they still market those damn things? Panty girdles caused me untold grief in high school!)"

I guessin you could never get one to fit quite right??:?:?
They fit okay, but they always showed under my basketball shorts..... (the shorts were shorter back then, we didn't need to look like ghetto rats in 1960! Hell, we didn't even know what a ghetto was.....)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Finished..... with the mechanics, anyway.....

Not bad, not bad......

Seems pretty solid, too....no lateral sway at all.....now to figure out a wiring solution for trailer lights....

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

A copy of the wiring diagram is inside the trailer, wherever it is. I would wait until it arrives and fit the wiring to it then. Have you checked on a ST specific wiring harness for it? Are you sure the ST will pull this behemoth trailer you have purchased, sight unseen?

Dubs

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.