Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We just purchased a 1978 Honda Goldwing, the guy had the side luggage bags for it but were not installed. We can NOT for the life of us figure out how they go on. Could someone possiby tell us a site or where to find instructions on installing them?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

What brand would help.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Are the rails on the bike, or is everything in pieces? Also, are they Hondaline bags or aftermarket? Some pics would help and maybe between the 15k members on here we can help youget fixed up!

:waving::waving:Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Dont know is the problem, they dont say on them just has a metal wrap around bar they are mounted on and also light holes on each side to put the lights back in. Is there some place on the boxes I could look to see if it says the brand?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Are the rails on the bike, or is everything in pieces? Also, are they Hondaline bags or aftermarket? Some pics would help and maybe between the 15k members on here we can help youget fixed up!

:waving::waving:Welcome to the forum
no just the back bag is mounted, I am pretty sure they are aftermarket, one bag is by itself and the other bag is still attached to the rail, it is one single wrap around

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Post some pics of bags ,there were no Hondaline bags made for goldwings until 1980, there were a half dozen aftermarket types available so pics will help us identify those bags of yours then maybe someone else can show you pics of the ones they have to help you.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I am gonna say they are Vetters because that is what the front fairing is. I was looking at it today and see where it "hooks" over the side bar and a bolt goes thru, just cant figure out where the "brace"bar goes yet.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

These are Vetter bags

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

The Bates saddle bags are the ones we have layin on the floor. Hopefully someone can help us understand all the brackets and where they attach.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Roncar....do you have the web addy where you found this or is it a scan from your own book? I was wondering cause I wanted to print it and take to garage with us.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

I have not seen it on the web. The link I included is a larger and clearer scan that can be downloaded and printed. The sheet was included in a service manual that I purchased off eBay. I don't have these bags but kept the instructions in case I needed them in the future.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I clicked on the link and it errors out on my end. I will see if I can track down a manual somewhere.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm.... link died.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.