Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

For the price he paid to do that he could for 1/2 the price just buy a convertable car.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I am sure it is expensive but I think it sure looks cool

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

confish86 wrote:
For the price he paid to do that he could for 1/2 the price just buy a convertable car.
Well, I am officially "old" I guess...I would opt for the convertible too...top goes up when it rains, and in case of a "critter" (bug) swarm...;)

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
imported post

I saw one of those at Wings Over the Smokies last year! As far as cost, when I asked the vendor he said first ya buy the bike for say,, $20,000, the trike rear end for about $12,000, and then you have the front end kit installed for about another $12,000,,, Say about $44,000,,,, before sales tax!!! :shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Does nothing for me.

I'd rather see more pics of that SuperMagna you were working on a while back. :)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Well you have to understand in my fantasy world where I can own all of these cool toys money is no object. For instance not only could I afford the quad wing and a lot of other toys but have the garage space to house them and the money to pay for the annual licenses.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

How is this thing street legal? Four wheels make it car.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

What a waste of money! It's no longer a bike. For the price of one of those things one could buy a very nice car. Just my thoughts.

Roryrob

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I wonder where you plug in the coffeemaker?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

I think the side view looks great, not sure on the front though, looks like the front part of a snow mobile stuck on.

Not sure if you guys saw this there was a combination, sidcar unit made by EML a Dutch company and that had 4 wheels, the two normal bike wheels and 2 on the chair.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:

I'd rather see more pics of that SuperMagna you were working on a while back. :)

That can be arranged Wingnumberone. Just pm me your e-mail and I can send you loads.....

BTW, I wasn't actually working on it. I bought her when she waslooking a bit neglected, and did some cosmetic stuff to make her look good, and then did some stuff to 'personalise'.......as you do.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

roscoepc wrote:
I saw one of those at Wings Over the Smokies last year! As far as cost, when I asked the vendor he said first ya buy the bike for say,, $20,000, the trike rear end for about $12,000, and then you have the front end kit installed for about another $12,000,,, Say about $44,000,,,, before sales tax!!! :shock::shock:
Why not just hook up two Goldwings? Twice the horsepower, four seats, and it would be cheaper. Along the same lines as the P-51 to the P-82:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw this there was a combination, sidcar unit made by EML a Dutch company and that had 4 wheels, the two normal bike wheels and 2 on the chair.
Here`s link:

http://www.eml-norge.no/

Click on sidecar with 2 wheels, to read in english.

Have a friend riding a rig, just the same. And he`s loving it all the way. So does wife and kids :action: :action: :jumper: :jumper:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

What *I* would like to see, and is probably the only way I would ever ride with a sidecar, is something with articulated linkage that allowed the sidecar to lean with the motorcycle, so that the motorcycle could turn as it was intended, without side-loading the suspension.

I seem to remember seeing something of the sort on an old episode of CHIPs when I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

My question is why? Does it handle any better than a trike?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Didn't Vetter produce a 1 wheel sidecar that leaned with the bike back in the late 70's or early 80's?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.