Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know there are a few different brands out there, but I am wondering which is the best. Since Randakk does not include any jets, I thought I would try to get a kit that did. BUT I have not yet taken the carbs off of the bike, so I don't know how much I will need. I think I do need the plenum gasket, though, as my bike leaks some fuel. 

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

The plenum gasket you can get from Honda. The fuel seals between the carbs and plenum are only available as part of total kit. He sells those individually. You might not need to replace the jets, only clean them.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Jets can usually be cleaned so the Randakk kit might work fine. And it comes with the plenum gasket and the hard to find plenum-to-carb O-rings.

Honda wants about $50 just for what they call a "packing set." For each carb! Butit does include the special O-rings.

Or you can do what I did. Get the aftermarket kits with jets and buy the plenum gasket and O-rings from Randakk. Probably the same price as Randakk's kit after it's all said and done, but at least you get new jets.

If you're absolutely sure that your plenum gasket and O-rings are not leaking and you don't think they will in the future, you can rebuild them without removing the carbs from the plenum or splitting the plenum. They can be rebuilt with just the tops and bottoms off. Much easier this way since you won't have to take the throttle linkages apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.