Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This appeared o the music channel this morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

1978 Had one just like it!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Looks a though the bars have been changed (low bars). But having that style tailight and the round signal light make it a '78 (unless it's a export). IMO

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Film will have been made using a British model bike and ours had low bars like that. The model is described as being the GL1000kz and is the one that has the three clocks set at the front of the faux tank. Only sold in black in the UK from '78 to '80.

They are the least collectable of the 1000's and can be bought for less money than the other earlier models. Probably less sought after because the earlier ones were less popular at the time, making them a lttle rarer.

Nice model though and looked particularly nice dressed with matching Vetter gear or similar.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

It's black!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

Queen and Wing fan here!
Song was written in '79.
Tho' that doesnt necessarily date the wing....

Wing looks to be earlier...Im gonna say '78

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Ok it's at least a '78 due to having comstars. At one point it I was thinking it was an Executive model a VERY rare Wing indeed. But the side cover emblems are wrong for an Executive model. The Executives also had special fairings. The strap over the seat is what made me think that. But the Executive seat is brown. Foxy knows more about them than I do. He has one.

And foxy wasn't the designation k2? Not kz?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

"Nice model though and looked particularly nice dressed with matching 'CO-RIDER' or similar."

:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

K2 was the previous model, 1977 mate. Some refereed to the KZ as the K3, particularly on your side of the Pond Broke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.