Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have texted:

Jim/Redbud

Uncle Fester / John Wolfskill ( says he has it on his calendar )

Charlie and Connie Weaver

Art and Karen ( can't make it )

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't make it, I will be at work at that time, some of us still have to work. Plus I would have to leave 12 hours before time to get there in time

:grin3: ah well, we will save the scraps for you >:)

I wanted to make the Meet 'n Greet up your way, but like you, 12 hours is a bit much for a day trip.

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least mine is on weekend
Well,
I think we need to "reveal the circumstances"....

Andy found the trailer pictured above in Shreveport, LA and the owner and he could only get together on Tuesday next.

Dave wanted to go down and see the trailer to help Andy make sure it is "good for the road" and they could ride back home together.

and then what better thing to do on the way back, than to take in a nice luncheon?

in a place that is attractive and enjoyed by all, and a bunch of us ole retired Rednecks want to chime in on the glory of it all. >:)

so, it just up and happened "that a way" :grin3:

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did we meet in Fort Smith last year? I want to stop there and top off in the morning.
Furr's Buffet
You visited 1 year ago

5707 Rogers Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72903

then we met up at the Shell Station about 3 blocks east of there, east side of the 540/71

6320 Rogers Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72903

Shell Gas - roadrunnerstores.com

(479) 478-6585

that's Hwy 22 exit

That's where we all gassed up and then went to Queen Wilhemina Lodge by the 'round-a-bout' way following Dave

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The next time that we use that for our "Meeting Point", I am going the long way around, it is only 2 minutes longer, even though it is an extra 12 miles.

Lot of difference between 70 mph and 25 mph thru town. shssssh!

·
Administrator
25,338 Posts
Got home about 3:45 with 263 smiles, and an overfull belly.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Got home about 6 with 460 on the clock. Had a great day, wish we could've visited longer

·
Administrator
58,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made it home about 7 PM, we stopped at Subway and picked up an order that we called in.

Cynthia had to eat fast, then drive to Claremore to attend Choir Practice.

round trip miles was 392

1 - 20 of 25 Posts