Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Honda brags about so-called "real-time weather" with the XM/Navi in their 2009 models. I have XM in my car and can get weather forecasts only for some major cities, and traffic like-wise. For example, you can get weather and traffic reports for Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston, but not for San Antonio or El Paso or any rural areas. While I've ordered the 2009 "Level 2" GW with XM/Navi option, I am contemplating getting the CB radio but at over $700 for the CB and antenna, it's hard to justify, especially since it has no built-in weather radio and the so-called "real-time weather" is only for select cities. I could get the J&M CB for half that at wingstuff.com and it has a weather radio built-in, although I would have to install it myself (I don't like the idea of my drilling holes in a brand new bike). I am leaning towards getting the Honda CB, since it is integrated into the audio system, but only if the weather is really real-time, any place you happen to be. So you 2009 GW XM/Navi owners, what's with the traffic and weather functions? Thanks.:baffled: /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/baffled.gif

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Hello, i have no clue about 09 wings but i wanted to say WElcome to the best goldwing forum on the world. Welcome to the goldwing family :D and congratulations for your brand new goldwing!! :D

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
imported post

Howdy and Welcome from Arizona!

Glad to see you on the forum. Lots of friendly folks here to visit with and sure hope to see you come back often :)

You’ve found just the place to be.
Would you please look on the right side of any Forum Title page and click on “My Account”, then on Profile. There you need to fill in your Location. :action:
You can go back in and modify this section any time you like, so as you add Wings you can mark that up too!!!! :waving:
This will help us to help you as this forum is world wide with members all over the UK, Ireland, Asia, europe, down under and the Americas from the top clear through to the bottom.

Oh, and a BIG WELCOME from the state of ARIZONA!

And lots more too :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

If you have the XM weather subscription you get maps that show precipitation, wind speed, weather warnings and road conditions. You can zoom in or out and change screens with a switch that has been on the left handle bar. When your stopped, the screens are animated if the bike has been running for a while. I think a new picture is loaded every five minutes.

The cost for the subsription is about $15 a month and it included XM radio, traffic and weather. I'm on my 90 day free trial with the new 09 so Im not positive about the price.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Now ain't thatCOOL! :grinner:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

That is REALLY cool! And it's more than I ever imagined. Beautiful pictures, too, Jeff. I'm getting a Pearl Yellow GW this Saturday. I think I'll add the Honda CB since there are a lot of areas in West Texas w/o cellular service. This is one hell of a bike. I hope I can handle it. Thanks, again.

Jay

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on the new bike! I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your choice. As you can see I'm quite partial to yellow also.

What part of Texas are you from? I'm meeting a group of GL1800 riders in Kerrville on April 3, 4 and 5. This will be our third trip to Hill Country in the last 4 four years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.