Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do the E3s handle in wet conditions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

Hello,

they handle really well, I found I can continue to ride at open road speeds, 100 to 110 kph, no problems, the bike feels really stable.

However have found some types of tar seal, at that speed, can make the back end a bit twitchy. usually its the smooth shiny type, but reducing speed a bit, eliminated that. Just have to be watchful for the road conditions.

Overall, I found the e3's really suit my girl.

cheers,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I have them on my 1500 and have been pleased with their performance in rain of which they've been well experienced.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

I have E3s on my 1200 and have been very pleased with the handling wet and dry. I have about 9000 miles on them and they have many more miles to go.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

10k on the ones on my 1200. They make a little noise, but they do grab nice in a torrential downpour. . . . . . . . in August . . . . . . on I-81S . . . . . :)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I have been very pleased with both sets I had on my 1500. Rain didn't bother me, just use common sense. I got 14,000 miles out of them and probly could have gotten more, but I like knowing I have plenty of tread under me.

I went with the GT Pilots this past Fall and really like them. Just hope they give me the mileage also.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Brother, I've had 2 sets on my 1800 and they are great when it comes to grabbing the road in any condition. The only complaint I have is once they wear, they are noisey!! Which is a common complaint.:goofygrin:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I've had mine up to 70 mph in a never-endingdownpour for a couple hours straight [to keep windshield clear on x-way] & they grab well with the 1500 with tread under 10k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.