Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am hoping you guys can answer a question I have.

Do the European models have the same Premium sound audio system that the US models have on the 06-10 models?

The reason I am asking is that I do repairs on GL1800 audio systems and do an amplifier upgrade for US bikes. I get a lot of requests from European owners to do the upgrade, but have always reluctantly turned them down due to the logistics problems.

I have just acquired a batch of new European spec radios that I had originally planned on tearing apart to use for cosmetic parts, but I just can't bring myself to tear apart brand new radios. I figured instead that this might be a way to satisfy European bike owner's requests for the upgrade without all the downtime and shipping hassles involved.

Someone from Europe told me that the Premium Audio is not available on any European bikes. If that is true, then these upgraded radios will work on all 01-10 models. But I need to verify it first, because I don't want to sell people something they can't use.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Larry Mauer
WingConnect

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi Larry. We get the GL1800 Gold Wing Deluxe, which is the equivalent of the USA top model with Sat Nav/ABS/airbag/comfort package/Premium Audio system.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks. I kind of figured what I was told was wrong.

I will just make this available for 01-05 bikes, just like I do for US radios.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.