Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Were all front fairings the same from 80-83? Also, is the wineberry color the same throughout these years too? thanks.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Yes all 1100 Hondaline fairings are the same pattern, Same color wineberry, I'm not totally sure but they are close.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

actually all years of GL's that had wineberry color is listed as the same 82 thru 87

Candy Wineberry Red-U, R114CU

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

All GL1100 fairings are the same and have the same wineberry colour. I do believe the GL1200 had different of shade of wineberry with the same code as the GL1100.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I've seen fairings off Aspencades with all the accessories, and off Interstates, and I can tell you that the Aspencade fairing will have lots more holes in the inside upper fairing than the Interstate will have. So if you buy an Aspencade fairing and use it on a stripped Interstate, you'll have lots of extra holes to deal with. The extra holes are for speakers, gauge pod, etc, etc...

'81 had a Candy Muse Red, so beware that the seller may call it Wineberry, but it's not. Best to know exactly which year the donor bike was. The color of the stripes is a big clue too.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The Aspencade has the two tone stripe also.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I'd like to find a clean front fairing. I've found some damage on mine that was haphazardly fixed. It works structurally so I shouldn't worry about it but it irks me. May try a better fix myself if possible. I seriously shouldn't even worry about it but it's going to be a long while until the front fairing goes back on so im looking around.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

A good move is to check the fairing support frame for straightness, you can damage a good fairing just by bolting it down to a bent frame, check out the damage on your fairing and decide if you think it came about by impact, speaking thru pure experience!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.