Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Never seen one but I see the weight limit is 450kg. Too close for comfort. Wouldn"t use it.:?:weightlifter:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi terry have seen one of these in a shop here i would not use it too light for the wing

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Hi Steve the table lift is on the limit weight wise ??? I use a scissor lift similar to CML2 in the machine mart catalogue .:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

daveinozbikes wrote:
Never seen one but I see the weight limit is 450kg. Too close for comfort. Wouldn"t use it.:?:weightlifter:
Thanks for the interest but I have just done a quick search on the weight of a GL1500 and according to this forum it tips the scales at 793 pounds,this converts to 360 kilos which is a good 90k below the SWL of the lift.
I was asking for info on this just to check that my bike will fit on it OK and the removable plate is in the correct position for dropping the wheel out.
I also have years of experience in working on heavy equipment so I am not worried by the weight of the bike.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Hi Steve the table lift is on the limit weight wise ??? I use a scissor lift similar to CML2 in the machine mart catalogue .:waving::waving::waving:
90 kilos under the SWL is hardly on the limit :? :? :?.
I already have a scissor lift type jack,but as I am wanting to remove the exhausts without lying on the floor to do it, this will be useless.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Steve the curbside weight for the SE is 405 kg , that's with all its fluids .Now if you have stuff in the panniers or top box or any chrome goodies or extra lights you will be at max weight.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

I'd be interested to know if these are any good.I have a 1984 aspy with a few chrome goodies thrown on.. how much does that weigh????? I cant use a scissor lift on mine as I have an aftermarket motad exhaus fitted and the headers go under the bike so id crush them! Has anyone else got any ideas of where a table can be bought that will lift a wing safely??????

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Steve the curbside weight for the SE is 405 kg , that's with all its fluids .Now if you have stuff in the panniers or top box or any chrome goodies or extra lights you will be at max weight.
Hi Shrek snr
Thanks for your interest.
Wouldn't even think about putting bike on a lift without emptying stuff out of panniers and top box,so it's still 45 Kilos below the SWL.Please also bear in mind that the SWL is what it says and the actual capacity is probably 25-30% higher although I wouldn't rely on this.
As stated in my earlier post I am not really looking for opinions on this lift,just want info on whether others have used it and bike will fit OK and the removable plate falls in the correct place to remove the rear wheel.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Hey Steve.......when you have your head stuck under the bike looking for that elusive screw/nut don"t lean on the lift or sneeze....could be messy. 45 kilos is bugger all. Personally ( not that it means anything but I"ve survived 64 years) I would like 200 kgs over the weight of the bike. Why not??? Happy new year Mate and keep warm....!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

I'm on the wrong side of the pond but dimensions are dimensions. I recently purchased a similar Chinese lift and have put my 1200 up on it.

I suggest taping or chalking of the outline of the lift table on your shop floor and placing your bike on it. Especially look at the width and where the side and centre stands end up when in use. Allow for the roll-back on the centre stand as thebike is put up. It might give you an idea of whether the lift will work for you, have to be modified or maybe you need a different lift.

Thelift shown is longer than mine which is good. When I rollmy1200 back onto the centre stand, the stand rests on the rear lift out plate making it useless.

The side stand doesn't rest on the lift platform whenmy bike is centred andI wouldn't want to hoist the bike with the weight off centre. I have to do some fiddling to get things the way I want.

For the money I am happy with the unit but I plan to make a few mods.

Re the weight: If everyone adds 100% safety factor toeverything they touch we could sink the world.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

Nobbie is right regarding this lift being too short for the 1200. I plan on building some platforms using 2X8's to place around the lift, so they are at the same level as the lift when it is lowered. If you could drive it just past the front of the lift, and then put it on the center stand, the stand would be in front of the plate, and the front wheel would come back onto the front of the lift as the bike moves backwards.

It is also pretty awkward to drive onto, as there is very little space to place your feet and it is easy to lose your balance. I'm afraid to take it down off the centerstand for fear of losing my balance with just the lift to stand on. Having a platform on each side would make me a lot more comfortable.

My lift looks identical to the one you are looking at.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.