Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had a front wheel bearing go out on the way to work Friday morning I managed to limp it to the job site but got it trailered home.

I called every Honda dealer within a 100 mile radius and no one had them in stock so I have to wait until they come in the middle of the week to replace them and get back on the road(its driving me crazy not being able to ride).

My question is does anyone know of any aftermarket alternatives that you could getyour hands on quickly incase of a breakdown on a long road trip.

Also I ordered Honda replacements but whats everyones opnion on some of the others out there(AllBalls..Etc.).:july4thflag::july4thflag::july4thflag::july4thflag:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

Most any auto parts store has the correct bearing. Just get the number off the bearing and go buy them.
Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Wheel bearings are very common bearings. They are just not listed in application charts. Take the bearing and go to parts store or any bearing and seal store. Here we have Motion Industry. Formally Illinois Bearing. The bearings are about 5 to 7 bucks each. Also get the # and check the chart in a JC Whitney catalog.

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

If you get the AllBalls bearings note that they aren't lubed from the factory…. other than a light spray on the inner balls. I found this out when I popped off the protective cover on a set I installed on my 1500.

Come to find out that it's common practice to 'lightly coat' the ball bearings with grease rather than pack them. It sounds like planned failure to me so they can sell more bearings.

Use a sharp scribe and pop out the cover…. then pack the bearings with a good brand of bearing grease. I use a 'marine quality' grease that's also water resistant.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

The micro-fiche lists the '84 front wheel bearings as "6302UU". The "UU" means low speed seals on both sides. Grainger carries the same bearing but with high speed seals ("LL"). The difference is a looser fit of the seal so it doesn't burn up in high speed applications. They work fine as replacement bearings.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

For the 84:

Rear wheel bearings: 6204RS(driveshaft side) &
6304RS (disk side)
Dust seal: 30x52x7. 1 required

Front wheel bearings: 6302 2RS. 2 required
Dust seal: 40x50x5. 1 required
Dust seal: 22x42x7. 1 required

Swing arm bearings: 30203 (40x17x13) 2 required

Swingarm dust seals: 26x40x5. 2 required

Other years should be the same except maybe the rear wheel.

Gil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.