Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does each carb have this spring? Thanks.
I took apart carbs 2 weeks ago and today begun assembly. Couldn't find 2 springs.
One more question. How do you install pilot screw O-ring? Do you put o-ring on pilot screw or put o-ring in hole first and then pilot screw?

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks, I have 2 different springs and I suspected they go instead of hook springs but I have no idea which carbs they go on and how to install them.
Can somebody look at his bike, please?
If you don't look I will install banjo cords and attach them to rear fender...:)
I really need to buy LTD or SEi, I am not smart enough to deal with carbs...:(:)

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks for your picture, it shows hook spring. Where different spring go?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

no. 1 and no.4. don't think it really matters as long as you got one hook spring on each side. somebody got at the carbs i'm looking at before me so not positive. if you don't get a definitive answer from somebody else i'll check my other 12 in the morning. nobody's touched those yet. i'll have to pull the covers and it's getting dark out.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks a lot!!! The best people are here!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

de nada. couple quick tips unless it's too late. disassemble the carbs one at a time so as not to mix up parts from one to another. keep one carb bank assembled so you can use it for reference for the other. don't interchange the jet needles. they are all specific to each unit. replace all the fuel/vacuum lines. mark the ends of every line with masking tape from whence they came (sorry i'm currently watching "life of brian").

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

My carbs just had two, one of each side.

you put the oring on the pilot screw and then carefully screw it in.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

I finally begun final assembly and still didn't get info.
to William86: which carbs have springs and which don't? 1 & 3 carbs are on right side and 2 & 4 on left( I think).
To EscoGold: you can probably see some springs w/o removing chrome plates, could you look please?
To all: Maybe somebody doesn't have chrome covers, could you look please?
Well, weather is so nice today, everybody is riding probably...
Any Alaska guys here? :)
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

Sorry to leave you hangin' new'b. Just pulled the necessary hardware. The hook springs are on #1 and #4 so my above reply was correct. There are FOUR springs though. One on each carb. Thanks, been meanin' to polish the chrome carb covers anyway. Come to think of it now that the valve covers are exposed and if I pull the crash bars I can get at the timing cover...... It's sunny and about 72 right now. Where's my helmet?:waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.