Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I show only 128 topics in Reference and FAQ? There has to be thousands. Other forums topics show these big numbers and if I search for something I know is in the Ref FAQ it will come up but not by scrolling through what is listed. Also number listed says 128 in one place and 177 in another but not the thousands I know are there. What am I missing

·
Administrator
57,377 Posts
It must be because of the terrible Forum Renaming that occurred when VerticalScope decided to just up and renamed all of the forums w/o any regards to what was in them, or how they were interlinked to each other.

we lost our entire Gallery of Pictures when that happened....
total idiocy by idiots......

Stupidity runneth amok with those guys....
anyone who have ever programmed anything in their life, knows that if you change the name of a Link and other threads refers to that Thread's Link and Post Number, you have broken that Link.

when they did that, I lost 75% of my Bookmarks.... Hopelessly lost forever....

Now, when I see someone asking about something, I have to use Google Advanced Search to find all of the threads that mention a topic, and then I rebuild my Bookmarks for just that one topic..... pissed me off to no end, and they got a double whammy of an earful over that fiasco.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is really horrible. (and sorry to touch a sore spot.)

The part that bothers me is that that forum shows so little of what is actually there. There are thousands of hours of documented “how-to” not to mention all the work on using automotive substitute parts.

An uninformed person would not have a clue as to the true wealth of that material.

·
life is good
1,154 Posts
It must be because of the terrible Forum Renaming that occurred when VerticalScope decided to just up and renamed all of the forums w/o any regards to what was in them, or how they were interlinked to each other.

we lost our entire Gallery of Pictures when that happened....
total idiocy by idiots......

Stupidity runneth amok with those guys....
anyone who have ever programmed anything in their life, knows that if you change the name of a Link and other threads refers to that Thread's Link and Post Number, you have broken that Link.

when they did that, I lost 75% of my Bookmarks.... Hopelessly lost forever....

Now, when I see someone asking about something, I have to use Google Advanced Search to find all of the threads that mention a topic, and then I rebuild my Bookmarks for just that one topic..... pissed me off to no end, and they got a double whammy of an earful over that fiasco.
best answer ever.

·
Administrator
57,377 Posts
The only upside to this, is that with Google Advanced Search, all of the material is still available, it is so hard to find the threads now.

the Downside, is that some of those threads have lost all of the images that was included within each Post.... [email protected]#$%^& because of the stupid link renaming that caused us to loose the entire backend Gallery that was used to Host the Post Images.

But, I will ask anyone and all, IF you find a thread that belongs in the FAQs, please notify the moderators, and we can move it there again.

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts