Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1984 Gl1200 Aspy that has a bad control unit on the handle bar, won't change the stations for me. I found one on ebay that is for a 1987 GL1200 Aspy, but they are different. Is the radio for the two different enough that the newer one won't plug and play?

The way it mounts is totally different which leads me to wonder if it will work or not. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

The 84 aspy had a horizontal type switch, in 85 they changed to a vertical style.

I would think that the actual switch might be cocompatible if you made or found a bracket that you could use.

If your old one has quit, spray some wd40 into the switch let it soak for a while, then flood the switch with contact cleaner. It might come back to life, if it is only dirty contacts.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I got the mounting bracket with the new switch.

I cleaned the contacts with an eraser on the one on the bike now and got it to work temporarily but now it won't work at all. When I had my tester out the other day I could get it to work by simply using the leads by pushing them into the wires but that quit working as well and I have checked the fuses and none are blown.

Figured I would give the new switch a try and will see if I can mount it and plug it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.