Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just had honda on the phone, they want to pick my wing up from the house on monday for the frame recall issue.

i thought we had to take the bikes to our dealers?, has anyone else had this treatmentin the uk. It just seems a bit extravagant for honda to be going round the houses picking these bikes up seperatly, or is this the norm.

Any recalls i,ve had in the past for other vehicles meant a trip to my dealer!.

sighned suspitious

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Does sound a bit odd. Would make sure the person you were talking to was actually from Honda before I handed over my key!

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Ditto!!!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Would like to get a phone call from Honda - still havent heard anything from them! they are collecting direct from the rider the dealer is having nothing to do with the recall - or so my dealer says LOLrgdsPhil

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Pakki wrote:
Does sound a bit odd. Would make sure the person you were talking to was actually from Honda before I handed over my key!

If anyone from Honda was to call me and offer to pick my bike up (they won't it's a 87 aspy) I would get their details and call the Honda Number from the directory to check.

Andrew :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi ,,Everybody here in Ireland got the call from honda and their bikes were collected at the house and delivered back to the house again ,,so dont be worrying ,,with this recall it is normal practise ,,just make sure that you got the letter from honda beforehand ....cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Over here the dealers that sold the bikes are phoning the owners or sending lettersto collect them, so it's normal practise here. Just make sure that it really is Honda collecting yours.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Mine was collected last Monday in a large Honda van by two of the actual mechanics who are doing the recall work. Took them almost 2hrs to collect it as they examined ever bit of the bike and noted down every scratch or mark. They also took photos of the bike. The chap doing the collecting is called Ian Daine. One of them was a very large muscular guy with a bald head who is a mechanic and very knowledgeable about the bikes mechanics. He is also very helpful if you have any questions. If you need help you can ring 01379 854937 which is the direct tel number of the actual repair centre. They leave an official receipt for the bike after you sign a form agreeing that they have marked the bikes condition at collection correctly. The van had three other 1800's in the back and can take four at a time. :(

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks guy,s, i just thought it was a bit strange going to everyone,s home address for the bikes, but obviously this is how they are doing it.

phew! i certainly would,nt like the bill for this recall!.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

If it's an 1800 for the frame I'm sure they're protecting themselves from a "Law Suit" if you ride it there and something happens?!

We got a notice at work to read about a company who sent a guy home from work because he showed up drunk and he caused an accident on the way home and killed someone , now the company is being sued for letting him drive home, instead of calling the cops to deal with it !

Companies have to think 2 and 3 moves in advance with legal eagles breathing down their necks these days!:baffled:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Im still waiting for a phone call about my Honda 50. :stumped: I wonder should i phone Honda myself. :coollep:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Im still waiting for a phone call about my Honda 50. :stumped: I wonder should i phone Honda myself. :coollep:
:jumper:I think you're okay with the steel framed Honda 50. :jumper:

:whip:What the hell are you doing smoking that cigarette?:whip:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
:coollep:
:jumper:I think you're okay with the steel framed Honda 50. :jumper:

:whip:What the hell are you doing smoking that cigarette?:whip:
Yeah i forgot to dump that god damn butt. :whip: