Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Stupid question to ask but I'm at a loss...am trying to part out my 2009 wing and have a complete engine (with drive train and such) that I don't know (and can't find) the value of...so I'm asking for help. The engine is complete, well maintained, and only has25K miles on it...I can find lots of (mid to high mileage)used 1200 and 1500 engines for sale but can not find anyone selling an 1800, can't even find a new 1800 engine for sale. Do any one have an idea what a good, clean engine like this would be worth??

-mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

That's a tough question as there aren't enough worn out 1800 engines around to set a base price but there are a lot of wrecked 1800s. A price from Honda would be a veryhigh start point.

Some used equipment goes for half new but every market has its own standards. Speculators pay ten cents on the dollar to guarantee a profit.

In general rear parts for 1500 and 1800 bikes go cheap because of the supply from trike shops. Front ends are pricey because they aren't discards from triking and more bikes run into things than back into things.

You might do better parting out the engine. Starter, electronics, rear drive. I suspect that the engine short block won't be in high demand.

Some day there will be a demand but are you willing to mothball it and store it until then?

What is needed is for someone to start building reverse trikes like theSpyder.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,687 Posts
imported post

Someone on this forum just yesterday trashed his 1800 engine and now needs another one.

He dropped something off the reverse gear and it made horrible noises down inside.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

can you send me the URL?? can only find the one from 2010 where a member had a problem with the reverse and needed an engine.

-mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.