Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy new year to everyone on here

well what an end to the year ive had,,,at the end of october i decided to re-arange the front end of my trike,,, up against the rear of a car.....:?:thumbsdown: low sun and i was blinded just at the same moment the lady driver with out any warning stopped .... suffering from the same low sun in her eyes......but she slamed the brakes on,,, oh hum....:thumbsdown:

well now im in a fight with the loverly insurance company,,, agreed sum pay out £20,000...less exsess..£500...less £560 for the fact i arranged 2nd collection to a honda dealer for repairs ... and not them... seems a tad unfair....:watching:as they used the report to right the trike off... and thats where the problems start..

i wanted to keep the salvage of the trike as it was only hevey front end damage ,,, so the csc trike kit could be used again.... ok so far...now they agreed £18,400 as a total wright off figure,,, now i expected a salvage value of about 25% of the total value... after speaking to other dealers and what they thought.... now the insurance company came back with a figure of £8,000 as salvage value...:shock: wow .... bit steep i asked on the phone,,,,,that makes the slavage 40%of the value,,,, then i had the long speeal about how they had set figures for salvage with companys they used.... in this case copart uk.....:ROFL:

so i had to bite the bullet and belive them,,,,, bit miffed as this only left£10,400 to buy another 1800 and build a new trike.... i better add i use the trike as ive lost my right leg....anyway..... after giving a few dealers the sob story ... thunder road in south wales offer to help and do the best deal they could,,,,, :applause:

well the paper work arrived from the insurance company,,,, all looked well .... figures printed and typed out,,,,, till it came to the enginers report..... the salvage value had been written OVER in black biro.... when held up to strong light you could see the printed figure under the £8,000 which was in biro.... the figure under that was £5,330..... so someone had alterd the 5 to an 8 and the 3s to zeros:lash:

now im not the smarted guy but even i thought ,,,ermmmm this aint right....

so a few phone calls and brick walls and closing ranks.......you end up chasing your own tail.....

so at the moment ive a rear end of a csc trike kit and not a lot else other than a lot of heart ache.:sadguy:

now the question i wanted to know,,,on the 2006 wing i note the speakers are up.graded,,, so are the over heating rads and a few other things,,,,,this one i want to buy has the heated grips and seat... ...now am i right in thinking the front exuast pipes are stainless steel on this model...or am i just hoping..lol

many thanks steve

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Good luck with the insurance mess Steve. Reading through your post, I just see one question, about the exhausts. As far as I can remember only the headers are stainless.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Steve,
you might want to start mentioning the Insurance Ombudsman to your insurance company, regarding the altered figures on the form. You may well find the insurance companies attitude changes rapidly.

I had an issue with an insurance company a good few years back, where they were offering me much less for a vehicle that had been stolen from me, than the price to replace it.
I took advise from the Citizens Advise Bureaux and they told me about the Insurance Ombudsman. Just the mention that I intended to pursue the claim by involving the Ombudsman, was enough to get them to jump their offer considerably. Not quite the same scenario, but then again mentioning the Ombudsman will probably have a favourable outcome.
I have a 2006 and didn't know of any overheating issues, mine certainly doesn't. :?
The heated seat and grips are a real bonus and I love them in the cold of winter.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

In Steve's case the insurance may just say it was a "typo" and they corrected it, even though the correction was in their favour.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Grouchomax wrote:
In Steve's case the insurance may just say it was a "typo" and they corrected it, even though the correction was in their favour.
He said that it was biro over typed original, not a very professional do if you ask me and certainly worth making some waves about, even if nothing very positive comes from it.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

Policies change from company to company and also country and province/state.
I went through the same thing a few years back. My insurance company initially wanted $4600 salvage for my bike, after some negotiating I bought the bike back for $1500.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

Honda OEM exhaust headers are not Stainless. At least the ones on my 03.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.