Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 80 is naked & want to add the rear side bags. I have located a set that came off of a 83. I Don't know what sub model it was, but it has integrated passenger platforms. The price is right given a ton of surface rust, but since I am anti chrome sanding & painting doesn't bother me much.

So in short. Should they fit?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

All 1100s should fit.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thats what I thought, but I wanted to be sure before I ordered (errrr rather my wife wanted me to be sure before I ordered)..

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I put a set og rear bags off a 80 1100 onto a 79 1000
That toke a little fabing but fit great
Your's should be a piece of cake. make shure you get all the brakets and shields
Wilf

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

wilf wrote:
I put a set og rear bags off a 80 1100 onto a 79 1000
That toke a little fabing but fit great
Your's should be a piece of cake. make shure you get all the brakets and shields
Wilf
Brackets & Shields? Looks to be a nearly solid piece of round stock with a couple washers welded on.

Here is a pic of one of them

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

The bracket should not be welded to anything. Maybe they used the round stock as a support for the pictures.

The floor boards are a separate part unless they have welded them to the bracket.

I would keep looking.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I am pretty sure the bracket isn't welded on.. Looks like there is a nut & bolt holding it there in one of the other images.

Would you keep looking because this isnt the right part or because of the obvious amount of work required on it?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

There is a sheet metal Shield on each side of the mount that keeps water from beeing throwin up between the bags and seat. There may be another shiels at the back. I know there is some bracktery around where the antenna mount goes. Been a while . Its all bolt togethere. no welded parts except the flange that mounts over the upper shock mount. Much like the front fairing on the interstate if you where given all the parts in a box with the faring you would not have a clue where they all go Honda likes lots little brackets and shields
Wilf

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

then I must be missing something when I think of how this should mount. It seems to me that there is 3 mount points & it bolts in the 3 places to the bike. That on each side & then there should be a piece of round stock that connects the 2 sides around the rear tire.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Well it mounts to the top shock mount on the front Has a longer bolt on shock mount And mounts on lower front to passengers footrest. Mounts to rear grab rail mount on back Has its own bolts with capnuts. Also mounts to rear frnder close to taillight.Not shure which part is supposed to suport which on the back fender mount I think they may support each other at that point.Signals are in the bags so the wiring needs to be slightly moded As the stock wiring all runs into the taillight. Yes there is a u shapped pipe that joins each side at the bottom it slides inside the side frames and has a clamp on eac side to hold it in place. It's pretty simple. There are just a lot of little parts thast you end up with after you strip them off.
They are not really needed it's just the way Honda does it
Wilf

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

At $28 shipped, that's a nice find. Pretty decent shape too.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.