Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals, I hope all yall are doing well here at the GW forum.
I've removed my LED highway pegs off my GW, and am planning on putting them on a new bike that I just purchased. I was, thankfully, able to remove them by removing 3 of the 4 Allen screws.

My issue is- How the heck can I loosening the 4th Allen screw that sits just below the pedal itself because I need it loosened to be able to mount it on the other bike that has just a slightly larger diameter bar to go around? The darn foot pedal is right in the way, and my wrench can't even get to it to loosen it without hitting the pedal.

Is there a way to remove the pedal itself off the mounting ring part, and if so can you tell me how to do that please? Or Is there a specific kind of Allen wrench that has a shorter length on the turned side that can get into that tight space-if so can you tell me what it's called so I can go get one? Thank you for your help, ride safe, stay well, and have a wonderful rest of your night.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,166 Posts
a picture would sure help us, get a couple of pix so we can see what you are describing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AZgl 1800 It should have actually been written as the arm that holds the pedal is in the way. I'm not sure if those arms can be screwed off or removed some how or not?
Here is a pic of the problem area that might help. Where you see the wire wrapped on the arm the hex nut I'm having trouble getting to is just behind that in the picture. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
293 Posts
AZgl 1800 It should have actually been written as the arm that holds the pedal is in the way. I'm not sure if those arms can be screwed off or removed some how or not? View attachment 323109 Here is a pic of the problem area that might help. Where you see the wire wrapped on the arm the hex nut I'm having trouble getting to is just behind that in the picture. Thanks for your help.
highway peg.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts