Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have read the workshop 1500 directions multi times and watched the video so I do not have to when syncing my1500SE carbs. What great information but whatit does not say is which vacuum hoseto us on the lseft side.

First Question:

I have the right sidedown. But thereare twovacuum hoseson the left side which one do I use toSync the carbs.It looks like the front one in the picture but can not see both to confirm.

Second question:

Is there an adjustment screw on both carbs behind the fan motor housings or do you only have the one on the right that you will use to calibrateto theleft the carb.

MOXIE

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Someone will be along to answer the first question of witch hose,,,,,,,, I just can't remember right now.

But there is only the one adjusting screw on the right side ,,,, (and you really have to look for it, maybe push a hose or wire harness to the side to see the screw).

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I had found the one on the right but could no find one on the left. Just making sure I was not missing something some where. I got her adjusted using the front vacuum line just need to know if I am right on that now.

Thanks

MOXIE

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Moxie wrote:
I have read the workshop 1500 directions multi times and watched the video so I do not have to when syncing my1500SE carbs. What great information but whatit does not say is which vacuum hoseto us on the lseft side.

Did you miss this part of the article? It shows the vacuum connection on the left side between the two rearmost spark plugs. I've copied & pasted text and pictures from the article. The second picture down shows me pulling the vacuum hose off.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]These three pictures show the Goldwings left side manifold. No screw here, just pull the hose off and connect the hose from your second carb gauge. The fourth picture shows the vacuum hose I removed from the manifold, which I plugged with a small bolt. Warning; Make sure the engine is warmed up and the choke is OFF before connecting the carb gauges. Running the engine with the choke on and the gauges connected will probably destroy the gauges. Also do not run the engine with the screw and hose off the manifolds and no gauges connected. This will cause the engine to cut out and be very difficult to restart.
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.