Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I remember seeing someplace that had plastic side panel posts for sale that you could glue on. I have a good panel but two broken posts. I need these asap as I'm getting close to finishing up my bike. I already plan to tether the panels once the post are in. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Forum member Rudy will be along in a moment. He sells a tether kit that should be what you're looking for. He's working on his server/websites right now, but I am sure he still checks in.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I don't need the tethers...I already have those. What I am looking to find are the actual replacement plastic posts that you glue into place on the old panel. Thanks anyway though!

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

Thanks guys just what i am looking for, when mine fell off and run over one was bent the other broke off and has since dissapeared. Almost got a side cover that looked good on ebay but as i went to bid couldn't remember my log on info, it went for @45.00, i would have won. There are a few right side covers out there but left are rare.
What are the tethers?

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

saltmar14 wrote:
Thanks guys just what i am looking for, when mine fell off and run over one was bent the other broke off and has since dissapeared. Almost got a side cover that looked good on ebay but as i went to bid couldn't remember my log on info, it went for @45.00, i would have won. There are a few right side covers out there but left are rare.
What are the tethers?
Look in the for sale section on here.....up near the top ...Rudy sells the complete kits. Easy to install and they work well.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/87202.html

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
Poolguy, I've used these to repair my 1500 battery cover. They're cheaper. Just remember to use ABS type glue to mount them to your panel....

http://tinyurl.com/65h8v4w
I used these to repair a side cover as well, left of course, just have to clean them up a little, and ditto on the abs glue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.