Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Interesting, but hardly a practical motorcycle. Also looks unridable due to ZERO ground clearance.

I first thought you were talking about a rotary powered motorcycle, like Suzuki and Norton built. I believe a rotary (Wankel) engine would be perfect for a motorcycle, Mazda is still using them, and has all the bugs worked out. They make a lot of power for their size and weight, should be perfect for a sportbike.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Interesting, but hardly a practical motorcycle. Also looks unridable due to ZERO ground clearance.

I first thought you were talking about a rotary powered motorcycle, like Suzuki and Norton built. I believe a rotary (Wankel) engine would be perfect for a motorcycle, Mazda is still using them, and has all the bugs worked out. They make a lot of power for their size and weight, should be perfect for a sportbike.
I don't think this was about practicality. It's about owning a piece of garage-art that makes people say, "Wowwwza".

Suzuki thought a rotary would be great in a motorcycle, too. Didn't do so well in practical application. Shame, that it didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_RE5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.