Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey there all-

I have been looking for the radiator cap for my GL 1200 and according to my Haynes service manual, it should be visible when I take off the lower left fairing pieces. I tried the right side too but no luck.

Am I going to have to remove the tank to find it? Is there any trick to it if I have to remove the tank?

Thanks

Jeff

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Wlecome to the forum sockeye. Look up from the front with the right panel off, the rad cap is at the top right of the rad and almost under the lip of the tank. It's not easy to get at, but some guys have great solutions to this and there was a thred here about this very subject only about a week ago. Do a search and you will find it.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hi jeff welcome to the forum.

To get full access you need to remove the seat (two allen bolts behind pannier lids), remove side panels, undo bolt either side of false tank rear (10mm x2) remove the fairing infill pieces and the pockets, undo bolts false tank front (10mm x2), remove the false tank and there you have it full access to Radiator cap, expansion tank, air filter and most of the electrics.

With practise it takes less than 5mins to achieve

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

How's this?

No idea how that happened maybe I'm just getting my post rating up!!!:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Johno-

I finally got around to changing out the radiator fluid a few weeks ago. It took me about 15 minutes the first time around to get to the radiator cap.

Thanks for the great directions

Jeff

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Always here to help :D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.