Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blessed Trike Rider
2001 GL1800
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a filter that I could purchase for my 2001 GoldWing radio, that filters out the engine noise? I get static with the engine running and when shifting.

Thank you and have a Blessed Day!

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
757 Posts
A search for GL1800 Noise Filter turns up a lot of options. I thought the GL1800 came stock with an inline noise filter, but maybe that was only with the CB Kit.

Mine also has (IIRC) some red connectors under the left pocket that are supposed to be noise filters, they don't look like much, but I think they were only slightly more involved than this one.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
check J&M electronics.

·
Administrator
27,758 Posts
There is a filter shown for after 02, not sure if the connector is there for the 01-02. Check the antenna ground.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Seems like I read on one of these forums the problem is a bad or weak ground. Can't remember where though.

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
27,758 Posts
Seems like I read on one of these forums the problem is a bad or weak ground. Can't remember where though.

Rayjoe
I seem to remember something like that also, thinking it was the antenna ground. Also thinking it was after being triked.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
713 Posts
I seem to remember something like that also, thinking it was the antenna ground. Also thinking it was after being triked.
Could be the antenna ground strap in the trunk, or the ground connection under the right engine cover, the one with the fragile brass bolt.

·
Administrator
27,758 Posts
or the ground connection under the right engine cover, the one with the fragile brass bolt.
I am unaware of that one. What is it's # designation?

·
Administrator
27,758 Posts
Near the reverse shift mechanism. I've looked a the parts fiche and can't locate the bolt. It's on the rear case.Fiche shows the rear case but no the bolt or cable holder.
View attachment 327032
OK, that's the battery ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts