Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi again guys!. I wonder if anyone out there has the same radio as I have fitted to my 91 GL 1500 SE. I have attached a photo of the offending culprit, which does not appear to have the swithover button that is apparent on some of the other models. ie, the other models that I have seen on the forum indicate 3 buttons on the lower left side of the radio facia. As can be seen, mine is slightly different. On the photo, the top RHS button position is blank. This chrome facia just has the cutout in place. I havent been able to source an owners manual showing this particular audio system either. Perhaps someone can identify it from the photo,\

Thanx a mil.

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

ok aft you have a jap model bike and in japan the law wont allow you to have a headset in the helmet please dont ask why in the blank space top center there is the pressure pad under neath for the switch but they just did not cut the blank out to insert the button if you can get your hands on a spare button does not have to be the exact one any other size will do remove the radio and when you open it not diffacult to do you can cut the blank out and insert the new button then you can select thespeaker or headset what wont happen is the mute for the intercom re when the radio is on and you talk to the passangerthe volume wont go down as they have removed this ficality

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks agnogel, will strip and inspect it - Why change a good thing - trust the japs, only I guess they dont really have any seriously long highways to travel, so no opportunities arise to make use of the audio facilities, once again, thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.