Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, My radio on my 1988 1500 goldwing has a problem that I have never here of,

when I turn on the radio, all the pre-set's have went back to factory setting's.

it doesn't do it all the time but it does do it more often than not, does the radio have a back-up battery that might be dead? or mabie a loose wire, the radio never looses

it's channel,s while it's runnung,feed back would be apprecated, krall2, (Jerry) :cooldj:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

If its anything like the 1200 . RUll the radio out and look oat the contacts. They may be tarnsihed and/or bent away. Try to pry them close and clean them up.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanx so much, I will give that a try as soon as it warm's up a little, right now it's only 18 degrees out side, but we get warm weather every couple of weeks or so then back to cold, Wyoming has some weard weather, your wing rideing friend, Krall 2, (Jerry)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I would imagine that the 1 amp constant hot wire has blown a fuse. Radio always has to have power to save the radio stations. Just like any vehicle that the battery is removed or goes dead; it forgets the time and preset stations.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

There is a fuse labeled backup. Check that one.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

that is strange. i just pulled my unit out, took it apart and replaced the drive belt on the cassette player. after putting it back together and putting it back in the bike, i never lost my preset channels.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

it doesn't lose the time ever, clock always work's, and some time's it keep's the preset's but most of the time it does lose the presets on the radio

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

There are 2 fuse blocks on the L side of your bike (sitting on it), the one for the radio memory is in the rear block, you'll have to at least loosen the side bag to get to it. I think it's a 5A at the bottom of the row. :waving:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanx my friend, sound's like you know your wing's, krall2 (jerry) ¥

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Na, just got one of them shirts, been there - done that :waving::action::action:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.