Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to all,

Got a little problem with the radio on my '95 GL1500A. The Mute/Search function seems to be 'stuck'. In other words, the radio is always on mute. Everything else works (channel memory, volume control, am/fm/cassette can be switched, etc), but it's all quiet. AND, since the radio thinks it's in a Mute status, I can't use the search button. (I think) Anyway, I've checked the mute/search switch (both at the switch and at the back of the radio) , bad/loose wiring connections, you name it. Anyone got any ideas?

I know that I could send it to sierra, but I just shelled out over $650 to have honda tell me I had a broken piece of tupperware that was causing my carb to run rich....LONG STORY!! lol

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Merry Christmas!!!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Okay, so I've (by trial and error) found out that if I ground out pin 15...everything works like its supposed to...

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the ground for pin 15 isn't working properly then, might want to do some more tracing.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

The troubleshooting in the manual says an open circuit to pin 15 can cause this. It's a yellow/red wire that goes to the tune down switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.