Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi, new here. actually got referred here by someone that said if anyone could help it would be on this forum.

I removed the face cover from my radio in order to clean the glass on the station display (fogged up and i never did get it right) while i was at it i decided to remove the cover from the LED display and clean that also. now i am looking at the glass, a piece of rubber the length of the glass and no more then a fourth of an inch thick, a smaller piece of black hard material, and a piece of cardboard with green on one side and white on the other (i think this might be the background for the display). i have put it together several times and still can't get it to work. Help please.

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Welcome leeinva1. I see you made it over from the Classic Wings site.

If you can get more light on those pieces and stretch a tape measure out next to the pieces I might be able to help you or one of the many other knowledgeable guys here may be able to assist you as well.

Vic

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks for the reply vic, posting another picture so you can see where all of this is supposed to go. No part is over 2 inches long, black piece is a little shorter then that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

that rubber thing is the contact strip for the LCD screen. Look at it carefully, and you will notice that there are a lot of thin black lines. The sides that have the black lines press up against the terminal strip on the lcd, and the PCB. The black thing is going to be a spacer. The white side of the cardboard should face out.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

probably at the top of the LCD unit, as far from the connector strip as possible.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

BINGO, the rubber strip was the answer, just put it back together and tried it on the bike, display showed, still not sure where the spacer goes, will give that another look. thanks again for all the help. guess i can quit trying to bid on another radio on ebay now. :p

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I know this is an old posting but
I have an 85 gl1200 Interstate with an aftermarket radio - I have a Panasonic RM 1100 to install - my question is
Do I have to have the amp and auto volume control for it to work? Can I install the slide mount, hook it up to my existing wiring and have it work?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

This is going back a few years... IIRC, the panasonic head outputs line level from the back. You could do what I did though... amp in the side bag. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.