Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 83 aspencade. my radio indicator is not working (only some parts of the numbers light up). i bought a used one on ebay. does the exact same thing. did i just buy a junk part or is there something else that could cause this problem?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

When in doubt, read the manual.

You may need to go into the fairing and check all the connections for the whole system, the manual will show you how to do that. Also if you have another rider near you with the same radio controller in the lower left fairing, you can swap controllers long enough to verify that part of it.

It won't hurt you a bit to go into your forum profile and update your location. Who knows, help may live just around the corner.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

noobrider1 wrote:
i have a 83 aspencade. my radio indicator is not working (only some parts of the numbers light up). i bought a used one on ebay. does the exact same thing. did i just buy a junk part or is there something else that could cause this problem?
:waving:There could be a problem within the AM/FM tuner which is below the R/H fairing pocket. The cable that connects to the indicator comes from the tuner assembly.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

i see you have an 83 too...thx for the input. i was worried about the tuner being the problem but i just dont have enough experience with wings yet. as far as the wiring goes im gonna tear the bike down soon to fix some other issues. i have found damaged wires already but i havent found any signs of mice...just poor routings.

i know everyone already knows this but this is a great site!!!

thx again for the input

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I havea 87 model and have radio pronlems as well. I was wanting to be able to talk to my Dad while we are riding. I push in the to talk and "00" shows up and no sound. Any suggestions? Are they repairable?

thanks
Ben

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

:pdamn mice!!!!! yes mice!!! i found the half eaten wires. right down at the tuner. by the way what is this supposed to mean ---->:jumper:? looks like a stripper to me:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Now , you are a true believer. You never appreciate how destructive those little bastards can be until they destroy your wiring!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I throw everything away. I bleached the inside to get the potential Bubonic plague material out of the fairing.

Ever seen a Clarion Type II dissolved by mice pee? Yuk, really awful.

This was #1 Aspencade with mice.

#2 Aspencade mice only ate the radio indicator and tuner wires. I need to fix the tuner wires sometime. They are bare in some places but still work.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

OK here is a question, i have 84 intetstate, with an am/fm/cassette that is all1 unit in the dash, is this original or a aftermarket repalcement for the original. I am the 3rd owner and don't know what was in there in 1984. Either way, it doesn't work very well, lots of static in the vol control and of course it is loosd so the power goes in and out. Puzzled in Portsmouth?

Ritchie & Lyn :(

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Only if you don't mind the sound fo them rattling around in there

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

found this along with some speaker and headlight wire insulation damage. 9 wires at the tuner itself

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

True, cats don't fit in the fairing very well. But, they would wait for dinner to leave the fairing! Mice, Yum, Yum. I put traps under my 1970 CB750 and killed the little ******* that was living in the bike's seat. Yea, he ruined the inside of the seat alittle, but capital punishment permanently solved his problem. It was the most expensive peanut butter he ever had!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.