Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First off - if you're reading this thread - you now OWE ME a favour.

Why, you say, would you possibly owe me a favour just because you tripped on my little thread? I've given you a big get outta jail free card with your S.O. You can point at this stupidity in this thread, laugh - a big hearty laugh - and tell your spouse, "Look, there's someone out there that's more stupid than I am.".

So - I'll make you look like a genius, I promise. - gimme a moment.

I bought a new-to-me 84 with low mileage to replace my daily commuter 84 with 120.xxx miles.

The radio area was vacant, and the owner indicated to me that it had been stolen. I promptly purchased a factory-new 1984 Panasonic radio for the bike. What I didn't know is:

• Radios on Interstates are optional
  • There's LOTS of parts needed to make a non-radio interstate take a factory radio.
  • eBay is your best friend in times like this.
I now have the power source and line filter for the Panasonic, but don't know where it's supposed to go in the fairing.

If someone has mercy on me, and would consider a photo to help me, major Karma points are promised in your direction.

Rusty.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

rgbeard, i have an 84 interstate with a "aftermarket" radio installed, at least I think it is aftermarket. I read elsewhere tat interstates didn't come with radios so ????Anyway see the post "radio wires not working" from 12/26 and read my reply. I will try and send pics of what I have, but don't know if it will help or not.Good luck with it.

Ritchie & Lyn:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I appreciate your response. What I'm really looking for is an owner with a Honda/Panasonic installation to shoot for me where the power source and line filter install. I understand they are in the LHS of the fairing.

So, you've gotta understand something. You're not dealing with someone will all his marbles on this one. Most people would just put a radio in, get it attached nicely, and move along.

I'm a Jaguar Concours judge, and have this "factory-original" mentality drilled in my head. I look for this in cars, and behave the same way on bikes.

It's not smart, it's not right. But I'm not that smart and you can't make me!!! ;)

Rusty.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

YES!!!

Thank you so very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.