Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know the wattage output on the factory 1982 Aspencade am/fm radio? Thinking about upgrading the speakers.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,472 Posts
imported post

On that old of a system I doubt the output is over 15-20 watts RMS per channel so I think anything that's rated 25 watts and over will work just fine for you...

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I would say that standard would be 100 watts just like a car's (25 watts for each speaker), but I could be way off. I can't seem to find anything on google about it either, although I did see that some people replaced theirs with a car radio.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I would say look on the back of the stock speakers and see if they have wattage range on the back.. my give you a hint of what the radio produced

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I kinda like the radio, it works well and it is very simple to incorporate an in-line modulator for my mp3 player. The speakers just sound a little distorted at high volume.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I ripped out the Clarion from my 1982 Aspencade. I replaced it with a marine unit that came with an Ipod connection. The unit even changed the Ipod music. Lost 30# and the electronics is meatly inside the right pocket. I bought the one below but paid less. Make sure you get controls because another one now on Ebay for $99 is just the box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JENSEN-AM-F...ultDomain_0&hash=item2a133c9c98#ht_3709wt_698

I you must keep it stock, I also bought a DIN / jack to plug Ipod into multi box in my other Aspencade. Got it off Ebay in the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.