Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm trying to get the presets to work on my radio, but can't seem to get anything to work. Any Ideas, it's a Panasonic on '86 Aspen.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Hi Peninsula winger,

I too struggled with my radio for a while. Here's what I did:

Tune your station

Press M for memory

Now press the channel number

and press M again.

If its the older type radio, you might try tuning the station and then PULL the button out, that sometimes works depending on the radio.

Can you submit a photo of the radio.

Also if you dismantle the cover and give the inside a good hoovering, this removes dust particles which bridge the internal contacts. Worth a try.

If its a problem with the radio itself, sorry can't help.

Brown Bear

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I wish I could remember better but on my '86 you pressed a button on the right side, can't remember whether it said AMB or AMS or something like that. When you pressed it once a preset number on the radio display blinked, if you pressed it again it advanced to the next number. I think you tuned in the station you wanted before (could have been after) you pressed the button and then pressed the appropriate button once you had the radio on channel and the right preset button blinking.

Sure wish I could remember better, I had to play with the thing for half an hour before I discovered how to do it. I know if you press the non preset buttons you will eventually get the preset number blinking in the radio display. My bike was a SEI with a Panasonic radio.

Maybe one of our members who has an owner's manual could send you the appropriate page(s) via email.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

If it's the hondaline, you tune, press the ME button, and then press the preset button you want the station stored in.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Guys, sorry I haven't replied sooner I was off to Paris for the weekend (which I would strongly recommend a visit) thanks for the info. I bought a Aspen owners handbook on ebay USA and it arrived this morning. Philscand you are right about pushing in the ME then the the preset button and it should work, BUT the ME is supposed to stay showing on the screen until you hit the preset button and then go out. TheME only stays on if you hold the button down but doesn't have any affect on programming in a station. I take it it's too long new. Any further ideas I am open to them

Thanks

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

In that case, I'd say that the memory button is defective, and you'll probably need to get it serviced.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

i have a 1984 aspencade and i just got it . someone replace the oldradio with another one and it does not fit. is there any other kind that will fit on this bike

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

shortywing wrote:
also i just look on post it said that i have a 1100 aspencade by i have a 1200 how do i remove it
You ticked the wrong box on the signing up page. Easy to fix. Go back to the forum main page, on the right side menu click on 'my account' then on the left of the next page click 'profile' and make the changes.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

shortywing wrote:
i have a 1984 aspencade and i just got it . someone replace the old radio with another one and it does not fit. is there any other kind that will fit on this bike
I've seen a couple of 1200s with shorter radios but I don't know what make they were. One of the GL1200 members should have answers for you. And welcome. :waving:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

i have a 1984 aspencade and the radio that is in it does not work and it is not the right one for it is there a aftermarket one for it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.