Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a question about setting the channels on my 1989 1500. I thought I did it right - but when I went to go to the stations I set they weren't there. What is the procedure for setting the channels and then accessing them? I don't have a manual and don't want to ask the guys in the gang - I have bugged them for years with all sorts of "silly" questions.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Not familiar with the 1500 radio but on the 1200's you tune to the station you want thenpush the "MEM" button and then push the preset button you want. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Hi Mike,

I had the same problem after restoring the '95 Interstate I bought. Check the 5 amp fuse labeled "Back up". If you have an Interstate, it's probably the 3rd fuse from the bottom in the fuse box. If its a SE or ASP, it's probably the fuse under the left bottom relay in the relay box.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Exactly right You are missing the back up voltage that keeps your memory(at least on the bike) alive This is an unswitched 12vdc fuse protected find and replace fuse iwith same rated fuse if it blows again you have a short in that line or a problem with the unit itself

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

There is something that I am not clear on. From the way that I read the post, he simply cannot figure out haw to program his preset buttons. I have 2 questions now.

1. With the ignition on can you get the presets set to where they will go to the channels in which you set them at or,

2. Do you get the presets set and then when you turn the ignition off and then back on, the presets are cleared?

From the way I read this, he cannot figure out how to set the presets. If this is true, then the memory fuse would have nothing to do with it. The memory fuse would com into play if #2 was correct which I don't think it is.

Which is true mjohnson?

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

to set the presets you have to have the ignition on. After they are "set" you should be able to turn ignition off and back on and still have the presets there That is what the back up voltage is always there for

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

No - it wasn't the back up fuse - It was a short between the rider and radio :D. I called a friend with an owners manual and he read me the section on setting stations - all is well - thanks guys.

Mike

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Glad it was such a simple fix! Iwish they all were. :gunhead:

Bob :11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It wouldn't be the backup or keep alive voltage either unless the clock quit too.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

OK did you set theFM1 set of stations and then couldn't find them on the FM2 setting.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I'm totally confused now.... :sozzled:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Forgot to mention in my previous post that this is the culprit that kills batteries if you let the bike sit for a long time. I knowa guy that can't leavehis bike not running for a month with out recharging his battery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.