Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The previous owner of my "83 GL1100 Aspencade has installed a regular car deck in the left pocket. Now, the dash display will not show time, station or anything at all and the controls for tuning and muting on the left handle bar don't work. Is it possible to have the display and controls work with a regual car deck? Do I have to try to find an original Clarion?

I have all the manuals and diagrams, but obviously it doesn't deal with regular car audio decks.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I;m not an expert but I think the display is specific to the Clarion II. The only way it could be made to work would probably involve an engineer and a whole lot of time reading wiring diagrams. It sounds like the PO swapped the tapedeck for a car radio. I'd keep an eye on ebay for a Clarion II if you want the display.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the PO disabled the Clarion system when he installed the car unit. Did he put it in the top left fairing pocket where the cassette player goes?

Basically you need to open up the fairing and see what's still in it. Remove the right fairing pocket and the turn signals and check in the openings with a flashlight to see what you've got in there.

also some pics would help.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the advice. Yep the PO did remove the clarion and installed a regular car deck in the upper left pocket. I'll have another look around inside and see if the tuner and amp are still installed though.

More to come I'm thinking. I'll try to get a pic or two of what's there as well.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.