Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I don't know if this applies to any othermodels, but anyone can try it and all my research

on our factory stereos I have not seen this posted anywhere.

When replacing your speakers each side has a wire with a solid line in it one is green and

one is black I believe, the wire with the solid line is positive + and connects to the larger

metal tab on the new speaker which is reverse of the way the factory set up is.

If you hook it up wrong it will still play but you will have crappy sound.

If you have switched your speakers and put the big connector on the big speaker tab

and the small on the small and think it doesn't sound good just switch them.

I also saw someone say the newer speakers with that tweeter or whatever that is sticking

up won't fit under the cover we'll I've tried several different speakers and they do fit you

just have to put that part that sticks out vertical instead of horizontal.

I hope this isn't too long and it is easy to understand. LOL

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,594 Posts
imported post

mclock wrote:
I also saw someone say the newer speakers with that tweeter or whatever that is stickingup won't fit under the cover we'll I've tried several different speakers and they do fit you just have to put that part that sticks out vertical instead of horizontal.

This, I don't understand.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

I'll have to check that out as I did replace my speakers recently. If this is true, mine are probably hooked up backwards.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
mclock wrote:
I also saw someone say the newer speakers with that tweeter or whatever that is stickingup won't fit under the cover we'll I've tried several different speakers and they do fit you just have to put that part that sticks out vertical instead of horizontal.

This, I don't understand.
OK I bought speakers like the one shown, the arrow looking piece that sticks upI pointed up. For some reason with that pointy part facing left or right the grill would not stay flat but facing up the grill lays flat like it should. Make sense ? in other words if you bought speakers like these which are cheap walmart ones they need to be screwed in exactlythe same way you see them in this picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

before you cut the plug endsjust run loose wire tied on to test them and when you do this do them both not just one or else it will not help, and let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.