Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My radio stopped working. There is no sound or screen display. A casette was playing with the "mute" function activated for about 3 hours before the silence.

Please tell me where the fuse is located .

The second issue I had with the radio is that I had a very small frequency range and could not "catch" the usual frequencieseg. 94.7 on FM. This made me play a casette (that is so out of fashion) but the jazz sounds were great while things were working.

As for the clock that keeps its own time - time and distance is the least of my problems when I ride- so I wont fix that. lol

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi ama gold the fuses for the radio are in the fuse box under the left hand cover there is a list of the fuses on the cover if no fuse is gone put you hands under the neck of the adio and push in all the conectiond might just be a loose conection

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

look in the box to the right next to the fuse box, a relay box i think, bottom left is your radio and clock fuse. if it blows you will have problem you are describing

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you very much for the 2 replies. My problem has been solved and I am embarrassed to admit that I dont know what I did to fix the problem. However, my knowlege of the bike has improved.

REMOVE THE SEAT

Step 1 - locating the fuse

Remove the panel on the Left hand side

Loosen the the 2bolts (holding the fuse box)with a 10mm ring spanner

Remove the fuse box by sliding it out ( its a tight fit)

Check the fuses in the fuse box

Check the fuses in the Relay box. There are 2 and the bottom left one would be for the Memory of the readio stations.

All the fuses were perfect and this meant that I had to look elsewhere.

Step 2

The panel covering the ignition lock is removed by pushing on the 2 grommet from th bottom.

Loosen the 2 bolts with a 10mm spanner

Remove the 2 smaller plastic panels (dish formed)

Remove the largest panel that holds the radio

Turn it upside down (carefull not to scratch it)

Press the connecting blocks firmly into position.

Thiswas probably the solution to my problem.

There is a two page download from "goldwing docs" that shows the purpose of each wire.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I think you're probably correct about the connection blocks being the fault .Well done for getting to the bottom of it .

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.