Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I believe I have all the proper parts for my radio hook up. first I have the panasonic radio. The slide in and harness. And also I guess the other piece I have I believe to be a preamp..Now is there another part I am missing, such as a relay switch of some sort for my 1987 Gl1200 Interstate. I hooked up what I could much to my dismay. Can someone please help me to at least get a light or something to come on? I feel kinda of stupid but I'm just a bit overwhelmed with this project. Any or all help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

you should have made a power connection in the left pocket

pm me your address if you dont have a copy of the radio installation guide

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
imported post

There is the:

• ... Radio and Docking station setup and Harness
  • ... Search and Muting switch
  • ... Auto Volume switch / control * (and itgets a speed input from Digital Inst Panel)
  • ... Power Amplifier
  • ... Antenna
  • ... Two Speakers

• *You can do without the Auto Volume switch / control by simply bypassing it with the 5 pin DINconnections between the Radio and Power Amplifier ... I did while mine was being repaired once. If you don't have the digital Asp / LTD style Instruments, it won't work anyway.
  • This pic does not include the headset lead or junction box setup.
  • http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/CrystalPistolPics/CrystalPistolPics2%20Bikes/Bike%20Details/RadioAsptotal.jpg

• Also, for repairs, I have usedSierra Electronics in Troy, Ohio twice .... once for thePanasonic Type III for a refurbish and tape deck repair and once to repair my Auto Vol unit which developed a cracked solder joint they found. Both times I was extremely pleased with contacts and communication and short turn around time and very reasonable charges. I thus go out of my way at Rallys to visit their tent even if just to say "Hello" .... though often I pick up something.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Not too sure.I bought it from e-bay as is from a reputablesite (who claims) it works correctly!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

neoracer and crystalpistol, Thanks for your help so much. I will try a different approach this weekend::15grey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.