Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Goldwing. The radio only plays when in neutral or when the clutch is pulled in. As soon as I let the clutch out, the radio quits. Can anyone tell me where to start looking. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
354 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground. Easy place to look is under the seat on the left rear, near the passenger seating area.
The next place to look would most likely be under the fuel tank.

·
Administrator
27,523 Posts
There is a ground gang connector in front of the instrument cluster between the headlights C37. Known problem spot.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I have a 2008 Goldwing. The radio only plays when in neutral or when the clutch is pulled in. As soon as I let the clutch out, the radio quits. Can anyone tell me where to start looking. Thanks
Is this a triked wing? Did you recently change the battery or remove it for some reason? If so, check for a wire coming from the trike harness that connects to the battery. It should be on the negative terminal, if it’s on the positive terminal you get your symptom.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Is this a triked wing? Did you recently change the battery or remove it for some reason? If so, check for a wire coming from the trike harness that connects to the battery. It should be on the negative terminal, if it’s on the positive terminal you get your symptom.
That is REALLY interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts