Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my radio only plays A.M. station...it will not change toFM, WBor AUX.

for some reason the two top rows of button are the

only once that works... the two bottom do not work.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The radio is a self contained unit on the 1800 (like the 1500, the 1200 & 1100 had modular types, ie the interface, amp unit etc were all seperate), so this means the fault is in the radio itself rather than elsewhere on the bike. This will have to be a visit to the dealer I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I've been looking at the 1800 schematics and Ambrose is right. The radio is self contained and just outputs to the speakers, headsets etc. A fault like you describe will probably see the radio unit being removed and repaired/replaced. I hope yours is still under warranty.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wdwild1 wrote:
my radio only plays A.M. station...it will not change toFM, WBor AUX.

for some reason the two top rows of button are the

only once that works... the two bottom do not work.
Hi wdwild 1, :leprechaun:Welcome to the nest. :clapper:The others are correct, this is a fault with your radio. I hope your :18red:is still under warrenty. Have the dealer look at this for you, he will sort out the problem. :jumper:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I sure hope your bike is still warrantied, those radios are mad expensive.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I wonder if it's possible for water to get into the radio? Heavy rain or pressure washer might have a chance of getting past the seals and causing a problem.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

i had this problem on my radio but it was along the top row of buttons they would not turn the cb off, switch from speakers to headsets so i took it out and stripped it down and it transpired that the rubber buttons had moved under the membrane and got stuck. Cleaned everything up and reassemblied everything and it worked fine. Might be worth trying before sending it for repair.

rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Not knowing where wdwild1 is from it's hard to say about the warranty. In the US the radio is only warranted for the original 3 years - maybe even only 2 years. Even the extended warranty isn't good for it.

Expensive little sucker.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Phil wrote:
i had this problem on my radio but it was along the top row of buttons they would not turn the cb off, switch from speakers to headsets so i took it out and stripped it down and it transpired that the rubber buttons had moved under the membrane and got stuck. Cleaned everything up and reassemblied everything and it worked fine. Might be worth trying before sending it for repair.

rgds

Phil
That's good to know Phil. As the whole thing needs stripping out for removal it makes sense to check out the buttons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.