Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

wondering if anyone has found a way to remove factory radio and replace with aftermarker cd player

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
imported post

siebo,

Welcome.

CD player? Why not MP3?

Linheart

:15blue:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

the radio is intergrated into the bike, do the radio mod and you can run a external CD or MP-3 player or install a CD changer in one of the saddle bags.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, CDs are on the way out anyway so an input jack for a MP3 player would make more sense. As long as you can rip your CDs and convert them to MP3 format on your computer there's no reason to disrupt the system on your bike other than adding an input jack for your Ipod or whatever. Actually I've found a cassette adapter works well with good audio quality, whether it's used to feed the voice from my GPS or music from an MP3 player.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the info. Now all I need is info for radio mod with pictures.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger has information his site, he put a jack on his old 1500 for Mp3 input and I think has diagrams or some info about how to do it. Shoot him a PM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
imported post

I have a mp3 playerall i did was buy a adapter that plugs in to the mp3 and it has a cord that is atached to cassete thatplays of my player on my bike works great. I also installed a auxcigerette outlet so i can charge my mp3 or my cell phone. Man ilove my wing don't get no better than that.:cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That's what I do too. I installed a 12V outlet inside the left hand fairing cubby and use a casette adapter to plug my GPS's audio output into the bike's system. The GPS plays Mp3s and stores a lot of them on it's little SD card. The nice thing about this is that the radio system still works as designed and the muting works with the intercom and CB.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

On a 1500, removing the radio wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world, especially if you want to retain the intercom. Maybe you never plan to use that. But, it's valuable when selling the bike. If you went with some kind of indash cd player, you'd want a marine unit.
The mod is the best, if you do electronics, or can get a technician to do it, or you can send it into Sierra MC electronics http://www.sierra-mc.com/ or Cellset.com http://www.cellset.com/retrofit.html , and get it done for about $100.00.
Sierra only does their work during the winter, tho.

http://www.sheriart.net/honda/ Here's BJ's version of my original link. Much better web page set-up. Or, the Audiovox in-line modulator is the next best choice. Depends on how good your ears are, and how good your speakers and headsets would be. Some can't tell the difference. I can, but then, I can pick up the highs better than some can. The inline modulator is actually pretty satisfactory, for most uses. Forget the little FM transmitters. You'll hate them, especially in a populated area. They don't sound that good even in the country.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
imported post

Hi siebo if you will send me an e-mail address i will send you the information I used to modify my 1988-1500 AM/FM Cassette factory radio toaccomidate my MP3 player and still keep my factory radio. My FM had quit working and Sierra Electronics had a 6 month back logged waiting list to get it repaired. I love the mod.

I still haven't learned how to link a file from my computer to this forum! But I do know how to attach a file to an e-mail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.