Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all - new to the forum today, wish I would have found this place before!

Note: The suggestion I read in the archives to make a PVC "socket" notched out for the radiator cap was a life saver. I spent about 3 hours trying to get the cap back on (after about 1 hour trying to get it off) - hit the computer and found this site. Had a female coupler in the basement for some 2" PVC and voila! 5 minutes of work and had the cap on in 30 seconds. Thanks!!

I've got an '85 LTD that about 2 years ago the radio stopped output to the speakers. The headsets work fine however. Again, per the archives, I pulled the radio apart and soaked it in circuit board cleaner - ditto with the traveling computer. Just reinstalled them - no joy. So, next was to look at the the power amplifier and wiring going to/ from it. So - newbie question here - where is the crazy thing? I've read about the multi-changer (I don't have a CB on mine, so don't know if I've even got a multi-changer...) and don't have a clue where that would be at either. Help??

Lorin

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Hello ldmill, welcome to the greatest site and a very big family. As for your radio woes, someone will be along shortly with help. Tony

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks! Just found them. Makes you feel like an old kid in a candy store...

Lorin

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
imported post

The power amp and multichanger on mine is under the left dash pocket. There's just 4 screws holding the pocket in place. The amp on mine was tucked up in there towards the front of the bike. With the cb and associated wiring it gets pretty crowded in there.

BTW, Welcome!!!:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised I thought the CB was standard on the LTD/SEI.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Mine doesn't have a CB, but then again I'm not the original owner. I know that the bike was in an accident previous to me and that the fairing had been replaced - so maybe the new one did not have one??

Finally tracked down the radio problem after downloading the electrical troubleshooting manual. I connected the blue/red cables to the travel computer and external speakers now work great. So - it's a traveling computer issue.

Thanks!
Lorin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.